Results for the term... "grail"
Results from the Pages of Joseph Campbell
Results from the Collected Works of Joseph Campbell
Results from the Youtube Channel of Joseph Campbell
Results from the Collected Lectures of Joseph Campbell
Results from the Quotations of Joseph Campbell
- And so let us turn now to the next great phase of development of this magical world of inspiration, wherein the Grail became the vessel of the Last Supper. For over what formerly had been but Celtic magic the baptismal waters of the Church were poured, and caldrons became chalices: where Manannan Mac Lir had served the ale of immortality and the flesh of swine that, killed today, were alive again tomorrow, Christ arrived to serve the wine of his blood and the meat of his immortal flesh.
- My experience is that I can feel that I'm in the Grail Castle when I'm living with people I love, doing what I love. I get that sense of being fulfilled. But, by god, it doesn't take much to make me feel I've lost the Castle, it's gone. One way to lose the Grail is to go to a cocktail party. That's my idea of not being there at all.
- Whenever a knight of the Grail tried to follow a path made by someone else, he went altogether astray. Where there is a way or path, it is someone else's footsteps. Each of us has to find his own way, and this is what gives our Occidental world its initiative and creative quality. Nobody can give you a mythology. The images that mean something to you, you'll find in your dreams, in your visions, in your actions - and you'll find out what they are after you've passed them.
- You might say the secret problem of the quest is to heal the Grail King and to achieve his role, but without the wound—that is to say, to become the supporter of the spiritual principles, without the emasculating, literally sterilizing wound.
- The adventure of the Grail––the quest within for those creative values by which the Waste Land is redeemed––has become today for each the unavoidable task; for, as there is no more any fixed horizon, there is no more any fixed center, any Mecca, Rome, or Jerusalem. Our circle today is that announced, c. 1450, by Nicholas Cusanus: whose circumference is nowhere and whose center is everywhere; the circle of infinite radius, which is also a straight line.
- One early writer says that the Grail was brought from heaven by the neutral angels. During the war in heaven between God and Satan, between good and evil, some angelic hosts sided with Satan and some with God. The Grail was brought down through the middle by the neutral angels. It represents that spiritual path that is between pairs of opposites, between fear and desire, between good and evil.
- The Grail becomes that which is attained and realized by people who have lived their own lives. The Grail represents the fulfillment of the highest spiritual potentialities of the human consciousness.
- The Grail romance is that of the God in your own heart. And the Christ becomes a metaphor. A symbol for that transcendent power which is the support and being of your own life.
- The key to the Grail is compassion, suffering with, feeling another’s sorrow as if it were your own. The one who finds the dynamo of compassion is the one who’s found the Grail.
- Whenever a knight of the Grail tried to follow a path made by someone else, he went altogether astray. Where there is a way or path, it is someone else's footsteps. Each of us has to find his own way
Results from the Myth Blasts of Joseph Campbell
- Merlin, Mystic Master of Warrior Princes, and the Lost Art of Mentorship
- Missteps as a Redemptive Path to Destiny
- Cosmic Marriage
- Four Mysteries of Initiation in Pathways To Bliss
- Into the Soul’s Revolution
- Joyce, Campbell, and Jim Morrison
- Love of a Higher Order
- May the Blessings of St. Patrick Behold You
- The Boon of a Well-Furnished Mythic Toolbox
- The Emerging Hero
- The Healing Fullness of the Wasteland
- The Love-Death
- The Magic of Timeless Tales
- The Power of Love Story
- The Rules of Enchantment
- The Secret Cause
- The Unfinished Story
- The Wedding of Dame Ragnell and Sir Gawain
- NewsBlast | Mythic Ideas & Modern Culture Final Three Lectures Now Available!
- Rhythms of the Grail
- The Grail Never Fails: Continue the Search in the New Year
- The Healing Integrity of Love
- The Holiness of the Heart’s Affections
- The Power of Tenderness: Ted Lasso, Grail Hero
- The Round Table
- The Seeds of a Story
- Where There Is No Path And No Gate