Results for the term... "primitive"
Results from the Collected Works of Joseph Campbell
- Mythologies of the Primitive Hunters and Gatherers
- Mythologies of the Primitive Planters: The Middle and Southern Americas
- Mythologies of the Primitive Planters: The Northern Americas
- Myths to Live By
- Renewal Myths and Rites of the Primitive Hunters and Planters
- The Masks of God™ Volume 1: Primitive Mythology
- Way of the Animal Powers
Results from the Youtube Channel of Joseph Campbell
Results from the Collected Lectures of Joseph Campbell
Results from the Quotations of Joseph Campbell
- It would not be too much to say that myth is the secret opening through which the inexhaustible energies of the cosmos pour into human cultural manifestation. Religion, philosphies, arts, the social forms of primitive and historic man, prime discoveries in science and technology, the very dreams that blister sleep, boil up from the basic, magic ring of myth
- One of the biggest problems in mythology is this one of putting the individual in accord with nature. The world in which the primitive people are living becomes mythologized. One of the problems in our tradition is that the land –- the Holy Land -- is somewhere else. So we've lost the whole sense of accord with nature. And if it's not here, it's nowhere.
- Religions, philosophies, arts, the social forms of primitive and historic man, prime discoveries in science and technology, the very dreams that blister sleep, boil up from the basic, magic ring of myth.
- The mask in a primitive festival is revered and experienced as a veritable apparition of the mythical being that it represents-even though everyone knows that a man made the mask and that a man is wearing it. The one wearing it, furthermore, is identified with the god during the time of the ritual of which the mask is a part. He does not merely represent the god; he is the god.
Results from the Myth Blasts of Joseph Campbell
- Living Myths for Transformation
- Eclipse: It is in Darkness One Finds the Light
- From the Great Mother to the Age of Belief: Campbell on the Mythologies of Europe & the Middle East
- Mythopoetry in April
- Paleolithic Cave Art, Time, and Eternity
- The Human Symphony: Notes From Asia
- The Power of Story to Enrapt and Entrap Us
- The Province of the Primitive
- The Undiscovered Country
- The Use of Myth: The Power of the Fleeting Apparition
- The Uses of Myth: Disengage Your Arrows
- Wearing the Mask of God
- What is Myth? It’s a Mythtery!
- What’s Old Is New Again: Primitive Mythology
- NewsBlast | Read Occidental Mythology as an eBook
- NewsBlast | The Historical Development of Mythology ePub
- NewsBlast | Flight of the Wild Gander now available as an ebook!
- One Forbidden Thing
- Origins are *Mythsterious.*
- Sacrificial Origins
- The androgyne as mystical symbol: new audio lectures
- The Festival of the Passing Forms
- The Fires of Love-Death
- Why Not Dance?