Bringing Myth into the World…
Joseph Campbell Foundation is on a mission to keep Joseph Campbell’s mythic vision alive (a mission that includes publishing fifteen hardcover books and multiple digitial works, along with over fifty audio lectures and several video productions).
JCF has worked with a global community of artists, scholars, writers, educators, and questers, organized conferences and workshops with a variety of insitutions, fostered extensive and powerful online conversations, and currently sponsors over 50 local and regional community groups worldwide as part of the Foundation’s Mythological RoundTable® Program.
The Joseph Campbell Foundation® was incorporated in 1990 to…
1. Preserve, protect, and perpetuate the work of Joseph Campbell by:
- Cataloging and archiving his works
- Developing new publications based on his works
- Directing the sale and distribution of his published works
- Protecting copyrights to his works
- Increasing awareness of his works by making them available in digital formats on the Foundation’s website (www.jcf.org)
- Promoting the study of mythology and comparative religion
- Implementing and/or supporting diverse mythological education programs
- Supporting and/or sponsoring events designed to increase public awareness
- Donating Campbell’s archived works and personal library (Joseph Campbell/Marija Gimbutas Archive & Library)
- Utilizing the Foundation’s website (www.jcf.org) as a forum for relevant cross-cultural dialogue
- Globally in the Foundation’s Internet-based Associates Program
- Locally in one of the Foundation’s international network of Mythological RoundTables
- Periodically in various related activities that JCF undertakes
FAQ: About the Joseph Campbell Foundation
We do not. JCF is a small organization – despite its renown namesake and global footprint. It is a “working foundation,” meaning we earn our keep and neither solicit nor offer grants of any kind. JCF is, in fact, a virtual organization without any offices. We are kept operative mainly through the good efforts of a cadre of engaged volunteers scattered over several continents.
No – JCF publishes only works written by Joseph Campbell.
We love to see the many ways that Joseph Campbell’s work continues to influence both creative works of fiction and scholarly non-fiction. However, as a very small organization, we simply do not have the bandwidth to provide the service of reviewing books or other creative works. In short:
- Please do not send us a review copy of your book.
- We do not read, review, endorse, or comment upon works not published by JCF.
- Soon, we will be accepting public submissions to our Mythological Resources Database – a great place to share your work with other like-minded folks.