Music Corner

Discussion of Joseph Campbell's work with an emphasis on the personal creative impulse as well as the sociological role of the artist in today's global community.

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

ALOberhoulser
Associate

Post by ALOberhoulser » Mon May 20, 2013 9:58 pm

I was going to post the same thing - Light My Fire :cry:

Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are a part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.
~Max Planck
Dionysus
Associate

Post by Dionysus » Tue May 21, 2013 6:58 pm

Break on through to the other side.
, baby!
ALOberhoulser
Associate

Post by ALOberhoulser » Tue May 28, 2013 10:19 pm

May 28, 2013, 9:00 AM
Listen to John Mellencamp and Stephen King Team Up on ‘Ghost Brothers’

What do you get when you cross a heartland rocker with a horror writer? A full-length musical, of course. “Ghost Brothers of Darkland County” is a collaboration between John Mellencamp and Stephen King that features an all-star cast of singers on the soundtrack album, which Speakeasy premieres today in its entirety.
8)
Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are a part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.
~Max Planck
ALOberhoulser
Associate

Post by ALOberhoulser » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:19 pm

zoe
Associate

Post by zoe » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:21 pm

ALOberhoulser
Associate

Post by ALOberhoulser » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:47 am

Legends Live at Montreux 1997

Clapton & Mark Sanborn - 1:40 set!! 8)
~Max Planck
JamesN.
Associate

Post by JamesN. » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:00 am

This review containing the set played by " Sir Paul " at Bonnaroo was really nice to see: 8)

http://music.yahoo.com/news/paul-mccart ... stone.html
What do I know? - Michael de Montaigne
CarmelaBear
Associate

Post by CarmelaBear » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:12 pm

Heaven, James, music Heaven.

Wonderful piece.

:)
ALOberhoulser
Associate

Post by ALOberhoulser » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:29 pm

~Max Planck
Nermin
Associate

Post by Nermin » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:44 pm

Mmm, these links are truly special :-D
True friendship is based on trust, honesty and sincere generosity of our hearts
JamesN.
Associate

Post by JamesN. » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:09 pm

OK everyone; here is the newest musical sensation on the internet. She definitely has my vote! The " Boomers " are not done yet! :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRhoHN8x_00
JamesN.
Associate

Post by JamesN. » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:12 pm

A light has gone out for me; my old friend J.J.Cale has passed. He was the gold standard as a model. ( There are no words. " Sail On " my friend. ) :(

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/Jul ... ticle-copy

There are some nice comments at the end of this article about what folks thought about his music and him as an artist. ( I think he would have liked them. :) )

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2013/ju ... riter-dies
Cindy B.
Working Associate

Post by Cindy B. » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:27 am

JamesN. wrote:A light has gone out for me; my old friend J.J.Cale has passed. He was the gold standard as a model. ( There are no words. " Sail On " my friend. ) :(
I'm so very sorry for you, James, and to hear about this. Do take care.

Cindy
If the path before you is clear, you’re probably on someone else’s. --Jung
JamesN.
Associate

Post by JamesN. » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:33 am

Thank you for your thoughtfulness Cindy. If I may I would like to share a small personal story about him that might shed a little light on what a special and unique person he was.

I had worked a couple of small tours with him in the 1970's and had seem him a few times over the years but it had been awhile and he was playing a show in town along with one of my old friends who was his drummer. I dropped by to say hello at the sound-check which was early before the show. We talked abit and he told me about the different projects he had been involved with; ( the Clapton Crossroads Concert; his new documentry he had been completing, and the upcoming album that he and Eric were going to do ); and that my friend was inside setting up and to go on in to see him. As my buddy and I were catching up on what we had been doing he looked over at me and asked " Where is your equipment? " I said; " At home. " He said; " Go get it ! " So I went home and got my gear and came back and got to play the show. At one point during the performance he looked over at me and motioned for me to take a solo; ( this was also an unexpected honor ).

At the end of the show while we were breaking down our equipment I went over and shared the fact that it was my " 55th birthday " and that this was the best birthday present I could have ever gotten. ( He may have been somewhat surprised about that. :lol: )

As I was loading the last of my gear in my truck I happen to pass him as he was counting up the evenings concert earnings and he motioned me towards him. As I approached he took a neatly folded amount of bills and stuck them in my shirt pocket while holding his other hand in the air just in front of me to correct any effort at refusal. While letting me know I had no choice in the matter he also informed me he was taking the crew and some friends to dinner and that I was also invited as well.

( I should stop here for a moment and say that he had grown up poor and knew what financial struggle was like. This was not the first story within his circle or crew about how he took care of his staff to make sure they knew he appreciated them. ) When the spot lights turn down and the show business glitter and glamor wear off the real person shines through. He was a brilliant artist but also an extraordinary human being. ( I will just leave it at that. )

I had the privilege to sit with his sister at dinner that evening who was as delightful and special as he was. As you looked around the table you could tell how much everyone there thought about him. It was an evening I will never forget and the last time I got to see him.
Cindy B.
Working Associate

Post by Cindy B. » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:39 am

Thanks for sharing that, James. 8)
If the path before you is clear, you’re probably on someone else’s. --Jung