So it seems...

Do you have a conversation topic that doesn't seem to fit any of the other conversations? Here is where we discuss ANYTHING about Joseph Campbell, comparative mythology, and more!

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

The Cove
Associate

So it seems...

Post by The Cove » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:39 pm

Greetings Forum -

It seems to me that the light is fading - the stars are less bright - for most of us.

When we speak on this page of reality, do we reflect what is not being spoken.

And as the bull bears down on the runner - the bull thinks - 'End this Pain'.

We sublimate God.

You who hold myth sublime shall find myth brutal.

There is no choice.

There will be no land of choice to go too.

It all will fall into living myth and that myth shall not be history.

Have a day & luck to the soul.
Martin_Weyers
Working Associate

Re: So it seems...

Post by Martin_Weyers » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:46 pm

The Cove wrote:
It seems to me that the light is fading - the stars are less bright - for most of us.
That may be true for the starry sky (because of city lights & air pollution), but not for the inward stars; And ... "More heavenly than those glittering stars we hold the eternal eyes which the Night hath opened within us. Farther they see than the palest of those countless hosts -- needing no aid from the light, they penetrate the depths of a loving soul -- that fills a loftier region with bliss ineffable." (Novalis)
Works of art are indeed always products of having been in danger, of having gone to the very end in an experience, to where man can go no further. -- Rainer Maria Rilke
The Cove
Associate

Post by The Cove » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:56 pm

Greetings Martin -

I hold the glory similar as you, but one must admit the glory for many lies not farther than the next technological advance that they can afford in there lives.

The stars are getting dim...

The dreams of man replaced by digital dream making - letting the mind off the hook for creative imagination.

The stars are getting dim...

I tend to speak of the masses because that is where the story begins and ends.

The power of myth is nothing without media.

God and Goddess save and ignore us all...
Martin_Weyers
Working Associate

Post by Martin_Weyers » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:35 pm

Not sure, Cove! At Novalis' times (end of the 18th century) maybe two dozen people were able to understand what he meant with the eternal eyes which the Night hath opened within us. Now we are a few hundred. That's what I call progress!

I don't like the obsession with technology either. The salvation people find in computers and cyberspace is probably the Mythos of our times (in terms of illusion). But supposedly not inferior to playing football with a cut head, or worshipping the cadaver of an ancient itinerant preacher.
Works of art are indeed always products of having been in danger, of having gone to the very end in an experience, to where man can go no further. -- Rainer Maria Rilke
The Cove
Associate

Post by The Cove » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:47 pm

Greetings -

Martin, wrong thinking on that first paragraph. You know why.

I bitch, but you cast spells of old thoughts.

Nothing wrong with old thoughts indeed.

But refer again to your motives behind such statements.

Are they so much dissimilar from ancient dogma?

One that may not hold relevant too our present state of soul evolution I am pondering.

Fair game.
The Cove
Associate

Post by The Cove » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:14 am

Greetings -

I come on like a storm and leave the same way.

But I shall return and my return shall be reflective of my desperation that I have in the face of the coming times. I shall face them, how well I do shall be up to you and you and you - for I shall face them when you face them in turn.

Ego?

Ergo I serve. I serve the greater ego. I do not want greatness - I want my children to serve better.

Blood? No blood just my imprint - the madness of the evolutionary revolutionary.

Yo.