On Consideration of the New Year

Do you have a conversation topic that doesn't seem to fit any of the other conversations? Here is where we discuss ANYTHING about Joseph Campbell, comparative mythology, and more!

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

CarmelaBear
Associate

Post by CarmelaBear » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:24 pm

There's a Danny Kaye movie about Hans Christian Anderson, where he sings about "Thumbelina". I'm a Campbellina, and although my best stuff all fits on a thumb drive, and my height in inches is not much more than one inch, when my "heart is full of love", I can seem really tall.

~
Once in a while a door opens, and let's in the future. --- Graham Greene
JamesN.
Associate

Post by JamesN. » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:41 pm

CarmelaBear wrote:Yeah, it's kinda ranty. Do I take it down?

:cry:

Thank you for responding like this Carmela. I'll leave that up for you to decide; but you might want to look back over it and see if you could say it differently; perhaps in a more thoughtful or considered way. We all have things we are thinking about; but it's the way we express them I think that sometimes gets in the way they are perceived. This is just a suggestion; but I sometimes find if I can step back for a moment or come back later and have a second look I see things a little differently on how to express something I'm trying to say. Getting emotional distance from something can be a real clarifier sometimes. It's easy to say but not always easy to do. :wink:

This is beautiful!

Carmela:
There's a Danny Kaye movie about Hans Christian Anderson, where he sings about "Thumbelina". I'm a Campbellina, and although my best stuff all fits on a thumb drive, and my height in inches is not much more than one inch, when my "heart is full of love", I can seem really tall.
8)
What do I know? - Michael de Montaigne
CarmelaBear
Associate

Post by CarmelaBear » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:55 am

Well, now you have to remove part of your post.......modify the quote...

Work, work, work....

~

Chop-chop.
JamesN.
Associate

Post by JamesN. » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:19 am

CarmelaBear wrote:Well, now you have to remove part of your post.......modify the quote...

Work, work, work....

~

Chop-chop.

( Okay done Carmela; but remember that there is other dialogue that can also be interconnected to anything you post here and it can lead to other communication problems as well; so you'll pardon me if I didn't understand what you were asking the first time. Clarity is hard enough to manage within these discussions as it is which is one reason the guidelines are in place and the thread on " Discourse " was created. Just be aware that the things you say on these forums " matter " and can all too easily be misunderstood and produce effects that may not be what you originally intended. )
Last edited by JamesN. on Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CarmelaBear
Associate

Post by CarmelaBear » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:11 pm

Dear Editor:

Would you please unquote me in your January 9th post?

Thank you.

CB
JamesN.
Associate

Post by JamesN. » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:59 pm

CarmelaBear wrote:Dear Editor:

Would you please unquote me in your January 9th post?

Thank you.

CB
Done! Check my last post above this as well!
CarmelaBear
Associate

Post by CarmelaBear » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:34 am

( Okay done Carmela; but remember that there is other dialogue that can also be interconnected to anything you post here and it can lead to other communication problems as well; so you'll pardon me if I didn't understand what you were asking the first time. Clarity is hard enough to manage within these discussions as it is which is one reason the guidelines are in place and the thread on " Discourse " was created. Just be aware that the things you say on these forums " matter " and can all too easily be misunderstood and produce effects that may not be what you originally intended. )
The reason I am able to make positive progress on this is that I am starting to feel more empowered lately. Being responsible and careful comes more easily when one feels valued.

Thank you, as always, dear friend.

~
JamesN.
Associate

Post by JamesN. » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:02 am

We're all in this together right? :wink:
CarmelaBear
Associate

Post by CarmelaBear » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:12 pm

Yes, James, and my gratitude is heartfelt.

For reasons I have made clear in earlier posts throughout this forum, I have personal challenges that are capable of taking a person to the scariest part of the forest. Without the corrective communications built into our social interactions, there exists a possibility of getting lost. As it is, I feel safe and welcome here.

I do not take any of you for granted. You are all highly valued associates.

~
JamesN.
Associate

Post by JamesN. » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:00 am

CarmelaBear wrote:Yes, James, and my gratitude is heartfelt.

For reasons I have made clear in earlier posts throughout this forum, I have personal challenges that are capable of taking a person to the scariest part of the forest. Without the corrective communications built into our social interactions, there exists a possibility of getting lost. As it is, I feel safe and welcome here.

I do not take any of you for granted. You are all highly valued associates.

~
Carmela what a beautiful and thoughtful thing to say.

I think for many of us here we all carry personal burdens that are unknown to most of us; but we deal with them the best we know how. I only know how much this place has meant to me and how it has helped to change my life. And in the spirit of those who have been helpful to us I think most of us also try and pay it forward the best we can by helping one another not only when the opportunity presents itself but also in some of our darker moments of deeper struggle when it is most needed. So often I think it is difficult being mindful enough to know what the proper thing to say is, or the right time to say it. And then there are those times when we may be so wrapped up in our own personal confusion that any attempts at clarity just seems to elude us much less concerning those around us. Life isn't perfect and neither are we; but this place is so very special and so are the people here. Your post just showed that.

( Thank you for your kindness Carmela and what you just shared. :D )
CarmelaBear
Associate

Post by CarmelaBear » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:07 pm

8)