College

Who was Joseph Campbell? What is a myth? What does "Follow Your Bliss" mean? If you are new to the work of Joseph Campbell, this forum is a good place to start.

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

Waka
Associate

College

Post by Waka » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:17 pm

Im starting college next week. Its starts rather early down here. Im going in for engineering. Im starting to see how big of a change it is. I entered my last day of work saying that this was an end of an era in my life.

Probably the most important thing Im seeing now is Life. This has given me a change to reflect on life. The transitions you go through in your journey. You really dont have to think much about it. Its one of those things you see and just stand in wonder. We never notice in until we are faced by it. :D :D :D
Better than a thousand useless words is one word that gives peace.- Buddha<br>Let yourself be free. :-)
boringguy
Associate

Post by boringguy » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:37 pm

Hey Waka,

Congratulations, and enjoy the journey. Wonder if Buddas' word for the day for you might be just....

.....A-U-M....

:)
creekmary
Associate

Post by creekmary » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:21 am

College is just the place for that sort of thing. Thinking, expanding , living. My son started yesterday. It surely is the beginning of a new phase of life. (for both of us.....-big longing teary-eyed maternal sigh-...)

Susan
Aireal
Associate

Post by Aireal » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:27 am

Waka

Best of luck in this new phase in life's journey for you. It may be the end of one era, but the start of a new one. Engineering is an excellent choice, we need all the good engineers we can get.

Creekmary
So good to see you again. You just sent your son off to college, this is indeed a new phase for the both of you. They had a segment on the Today show about sending ones child off to college. A very good segment it was, almost had me crying. My daughter is a sophomore in High School, so I have a few years with her at home still. Soon, too soon, she will be gone also.

Little Feather
A J
Associate

Post by A J » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:35 am

Waka,

Blessings on your new journey. From what you have written on these forums here, I would say you will do well.

AJ
"Sacred space and sacred time and something joyous to do is all we need. Almost anything then becomes a continuous and increasing joy."

A Joseph Campbell Companion: Reflections on the Art of Living
creekmary
Associate

Post by creekmary » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:54 pm

Thank you Aireal, for the welcome back. :) I miss this place when I'm gone! i start to feel that same craving that brought me here to begin with.

Susan
deus_ex_machina
Associate

Re: College

Post by deus_ex_machina » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:25 pm

Waka wrote:Im starting college next week. Its starts rather early down here. Im going in for engineering. Im starting to see how big of a change it is. I entered my last day of work saying that this was an end of an era in my life.

Probably the most important thing Im seeing now is Life. This has given me a change to reflect on life. The transitions you go through in your journey. You really dont have to think much about it. Its one of those things you see and just stand in wonder. We never notice in until we are faced by it. :D :D :D
That's a wonderful insight.

College was a great time in my life. I worked extra hard during the week to get all my assignments finished, so I could spend my weekends on more "extracurricular activities' (usually involving adult libations, and the company of members of the opposite sex).