new to Joseph Campbell forums

Who was Joseph Campbell? What is a myth? What does "Follow Your Bliss" mean? If you are new to the work of Joseph Campbell, this forum is a good place to start.

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

golden
Associate

Post by golden » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:22 am

Hello,
I am new posting to this forum although I have been veraciously reading Joseph Campbell books for some years now. Since I joined the forum in Jan 04, I have been reading the many threads with much interest.
I am also looking forward to participating in the 2nd Australian Round Table this month. (I was at the 1st inaugural RT too)
Just briefly, I can say that I didn't truly start on 'my path' until approximately 9 years ago. But since then my self-development has been intense and mostly enjoyable. Not sure if my husband would agree though.
I am looking forward to becoming involved in the many different threads.

Martin_Weyers
Working Associate

Post by Martin_Weyers » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:22 am

Golden, welcome to the forums! Changes & development are often much easier to recognize for someone who does not see you all the time. I'm sure OliveBranch will be happy about another Australian RoundTable candidate. Seems that the time is ripe for an Aussie RoundTable!
golden
Associate

Post by golden » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:22 am

Thank you for the welcome Martin. From the changes that I have experienced, I can honestly say I see and feel the differences of the ‘before’ and ‘after’ of me. I will admit that at times I was dragged kicking and screaming into some of the change. I’m not sure my family approves as I feel I now have a stronger voice.

If you asked me what these differences are, I would answer that in the ‘before’ I could argue with passion more than with rational debate. Today I feel that I still have the passion about many subjects, however I now have learnt to debate issues more clearly and with supporting evidence, or what I often say “from a position of knowledge.”

I am looking forward to the up and coming RoundTable discussion and meeting like-minded people.