Forum Upgrade

Looking to start a RoundTable in your area? Hosting a mythological event in your area? Have a suggestion how to enhance the forum conversations?

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

bodhibliss
Working Associate

Post by bodhibliss » Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:00 pm

I have barely poked my head in the door since before Esalen, having been pre-occupied with a number of other issues (including helping coordinate communications with our new web design team - good things are ahead for the entire site!).

Compared to when I last spent any time here - nearly a month ago - the forums appear to be running much more smoothly - loading quicker, fewer hassles when I log on, and fewer lost messages (now that was frustrating - a couple of profound posts evaporated into the ether before i could submit them in the early weeks after the transition - glad that's not happening now).

The appearance is much improved, and the options are easy to use (though i don't yet have the hang of the URL button - it doesn't do what i want it to do).

On an incremental, day to day basis, maybe the improvement isn't that obvious (like a frog in a kettle of tepid water not noticng the temperature being turned up every few minutes so it gets boiled alive, whereas it would leap out if tossed into a pot of boiling water), but having last spent time here when the site mved slower than molasses, i am impressed.

We're at least moving in the right direction ...

...slouching into the 21st century,
bodhibliss
Martin_Weyers
Working Associate

Post by Martin_Weyers » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:37 pm

I'm using different browsers. Opera is my favourite, sometimes I change to Firefox and (not very often) to Internet Explorer. I find the site quick, beautiful, inviting, functional, ... at least until the next annoyance appears. Like Clemsy pointed out: More opinions are welcome!
Mark O.
Working Associate

Post by Mark O. » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:13 am

Martin_Weyers wrote:... at least until the next annoyance appears.
Hey, now...

:wink:
nandu
Associate

Post by nandu » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:37 am

Mark,

I sent you a mail with the answers you asked for. Did you get it?

I now find that I am able to log in from my office computer, but not from home! I unchecked the "Log me in automatically" box, and logged out from the site at the office, still no go.

These forums are driving me wild. GRRRR... :evil: (That's me growling. Did I ever mention that my sun sign was Leo?)

Nandu.
Loka Samastha Sukhino Bhavanthu
Clemsy
Working Associate

Post by Clemsy » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:37 am

Nandu, try deleting all your JCF cookies. That worked for me.
Give me stories before I go mad! ~Andreas
Mark O.
Working Associate

Post by Mark O. » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:52 am

Hi Nandu,

My apologies - I just found your e-mail! Thanks for your responses. I suggest doing what Clemsy did. By clearing your cookies, you'll starting with a blank slate. From what I hear, once you do that, there is no impediment to the forums. Glad you didn't give up us!

Mark

p.s. Is anybody still having private message problems? Still finding the forums sluggish? These problems should be gone, but if they persist for you, let me know please.
nandu
Associate

Post by nandu » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:39 pm

It worked! Thanks, Mark and Clemsy.

Nandu.
Loka Samastha Sukhino Bhavanthu
Robert G.
Associate

Post by Robert G. » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:05 am

My apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere, but I was wondering if there is any way to unscramble the older threads whose postings seem to have gotten reorganized in the upgrade. For example, the Death thread is very difficult to make sense of because the posts are no longer in the order they were made .... although it is kind of interesting to try to piece it together :D
Mark O.
Working Associate

Post by Mark O. » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:25 pm

Hi Robert,

I'll look into it when I can - may be a week or two, but it is on my priority list.

Mark