“Nature is not a Ritual”
Nov 18th Online Roundtable Topic
by Willi Paul, CommunityAlchemy.com
- excerpt -
Discussion Questions -
* What are the connective tissues that can spawn new Human + Nature-based rituals? Is this social DNA lost?
* What symbols dominate our rituals now? What does that crucifixion really mean on your chain?
* Consider technology, sports, fast food. If such unhealthy, short-term consumption is not a ritual, how does this behavior impact the creation of new Nature + Human rituals?
* Is the long-practiced behavior of littering an anti-Nature ritual or more of a bad habit?
* Can we watch and celebrate Nature on our devices – as short-term, downloaded rituals?
* Offer an example of how we currently experience a common religious holiday as a ritual?
Joseph Campbell formulated what became his most quoted dictum, "Follow your bliss" in the decade before his death. Join this conversation to explore this idea and share stories.
1 post • Page 1 of 1