Technology makes it easier

Joseph Campbell believed that "...each of us has an individual myth that's driving us, which we may or may not know." This forum is for assistance and inspiration in the quest to find your own personal mythology.

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

deus_ex_machina
Associate

Technology makes it easier

Post by deus_ex_machina » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:38 pm

I consider what JC would have thought of our personal music systems today. I reaffirm my personal mythology every time I create a new playlist for my iPod. The music we choose, and the order in which we choose it, creates a list of meaningful symbols. The older I get, the more I mark time by the songs I was listening to then. Songs, bands, singers, and composers, begin to take on symbolic meaning for us.

JC taught me that music, the visual arts, literature, poetry, popular entertainment, and metaphor, these are the language of our metaphysics, and ultimately, the language of human mythology.
Samarra
MRT Leader

In "the Cathedral" at the airport

Post by Samarra » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:17 pm

Deus,

I use mine at the airport to drown out all that noise. With the threat warnings, suspicious baggage announcements and televisions blasting negative news at you, it’s nice to just slip away into “the Cathedral,” as JC put it. I’m always pleasantly surprised how the hustle and bustle seems to go perfectly with the music!