The Universe Answers

Joseph Campbell believed that "...each of us has an individual myth that's driving us, which we may or may not know." This forum is for assistance and inspiration in the quest to find your own personal mythology.

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

Samarra
MRT Leader

The Universe Answers

Post by Samarra » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:05 am

I wanted to share this with you all, as I believe it is a manifestation of the collective consciousness that we all share, especially on this forum.

I’ve been flying out to LA every other week from New York on business, and decided to get out of the hotel and go to the beach. I almost didn’t go, planning to stay in and order room service, but I forced myself.

I went to Huntington Beach and sat on the sand near the water’s edge and quietly watched the sun set. It was cold that night, so I was practically alone. Then I faced the ocean for a few minutes. The roar of the surf was immense; at first, I thought it was an airplane overhead.

So there I sat , in awe of the energy of motion in those waves crashing on the shore. I closed my eyes and meditated for a few minutes. Then I made a pledge to Mother Earth -- it was the wedding vow.

I immediately opened my eyes and low and behold three dolphins jumped out of the water in perfect unison! That was her response. I have since named the trio: Love, Honor and Cherish, after my pledge.

The Universe works in amazing ways. Just ask for a sign and you will get one that is undeniably meant just for you.
Last edited by Samarra on Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cindy B.
Working Associate

Post by Cindy B. » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:16 am

An awesome experience, Samarra. 8)

Cindy
If the path before you is clear, you’re probably on someone else’s. --Jung
jonsjourney
Associate

Post by jonsjourney » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:56 am

I love it when that kind of stuff happens!!!

Most times, I find that I am the only thing standing in the way of such experiences.
"He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot." -Douglas Adams
Neoplato
Associate

Post by Neoplato » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:05 am

Hey Ken,

I've had similar experiences myself. It's wonderful when they happen because it's like the Earth reminding you, "I'm still here". No matter what is going on in our little piece of reality, it's nice to put things in perspective. :D
Infinite moment, grants freedom of winter death, allows life to dawn.
Andreas
Associate

Re: The Universe Answers

Post by Andreas » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:13 pm

A bit late but what the heck.
I’ve been flying out to LA every other week from New York on business, and decided to get out of the hotel and go to the beach. I almost didn’t go, planning to stay in and order room service, but I forced myself.
and you got rewarded :D.

Yeah its always nice when stuff like that happen. Iam from Greece so i went for vacation this year in Acheron. I bet most of you know the story but here is a link anyway : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acheron

I felt differently i even washed my hands where Achilles got to be invulnerable. I stayed there for 8 days 4 in a really isolated house in front of the sea i would just stay there relaxing losing all track of time reading Following your bliss it was beautiful.

So anyway yeah amazing things can happen to you if you choose to and sorry for the derail.