Compassion

Joseph Campbell believed that "...each of us has an individual myth that's driving us, which we may or may not know." This forum is for assistance and inspiration in the quest to find your own personal mythology.

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

jufa
Associate

Compassion

Post by jufa » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:36 pm

Compassion of the highest form, from what I gather, does not reach out in intent nor awareness of recognizing it being a truth in sentient living and activity. Neither does compassion, I find, travel the road of intent to do or not to do anything other than acknowledge it has to include the intent, to include the entire earth and all upon and within earth's reality.

Compassion, therefore, to this writer is living as the earth itself lives. The earth withholds nothing from that which it birthed from the "dust of the ground." Pain and suffering, joy and pleasure are the earth's attitudes and disposition for all that live within and upon its body.

Intent and compassion, when I look at it from within my sentient mind, are then twins with the same purpose not to do something to changes the unchangeable, but absorb them into all that I am of the earth in harmony and unconditionally. Why? because there is nothing of the earth that is not tied to my awareness, whether consciously or unconsciously.

This not only means "I and my Father are one," but I and my Mother are too!

The Greatest Speech Ever Made

One of the most inspirational speeches in recorded history was given by a silent comedian by the name of Charlie Chaplin. If you like what you see please share the video any way you can and pass the message on.

http://youtu.be/WibmcsEGLKo
Last edited by jufa on Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never give power to anything a person believe is their source of strength - jufa
http://theillusionofgod.yuku.com
jufa
Associate

Post by jufa » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:00 pm

Compassion is not an attitude. It is not a desire. It is not a law or direction. It is not an act which cause one to instinctively seek to help, rescues, or save anyone or anything from physical destruction.

Compassion is state of activity in an individual mind of always questioning the attitudes which flow through their mind and cause them to conform to the collectivism of the 'they say syndrome'.

Compassion always - no exceptions - leads one down the road not rough nor dangerous, for it is the road of "the law of the Spirit of life." This road is unconditional. It take one beyond the three (3) temptations and the three (3) crosses of Golgotha. It takes one beyond the human mind of selfishness and deterministic humanism. This person had no other choice but to right the wrongs he had inherited from the first man of days who became a living soul and named all he viewed according to his percepts, and ideas of that he perceived of his own relativity.
Never give power to anything a person believe is their source of strength - jufa
Nermin
Associate

Post by Nermin » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:44 pm

Thank you, Jufa, that's very very inspiring :cry:
True friendship is based on trust, honesty and sincere generosity of our hearts
jufa
Associate

Post by jufa » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:10 am

Nermin wrote:
Thank you, Jufa, that's very very inspiring :cry:
I know it lit me up when I heard it.

Have a better day my friend!
JamesN.
Associate

Post by JamesN. » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:19 pm

Hello Jufa and Nermin.

This is indeed a very important piece of film history; But I say with the most sincere and respectful intent; it is not what it appears on the surface. This piece has a very very historical contex out of which it was presented; and even Chaplin himself was not aware of all the facts; which he later realized and confessed.

I very strongly recommend you view this link and read all of it before you go any further. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Dictator

The movie it was taken from was called " The Great Dictator ". Of the 8 1/2 million views and the almost 36,000 comments posted you are not alone in any misconstructive or inaccurate interpretation as you will see if you read some of them. The misunderstanding of various comments posted after viewing varies almost to the point of incredulous. The problem here I think for some of this is lack of historical knowledge by some posters; and taking things by face value and assuming they know what it means by others.

Again I say with the warmest and most sincere concern I can offer; ( please do not misunderstand ). This thread is a noble effort at what I personally consider one of the highest if not the highest of human emotions. ( Joseph Campbell thought compassion was also. ) ( But this footage is taken completely out of contex from the movie it was presented in :!: )

Best Wishes :)
What do I know? - Michael de Montaigne
jufa
Associate

Post by jufa » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:22 pm

Thank you JamesN for informing those who do not know the confluent history which this piece came out of. : :!:

I am aware this speech came out of THE GREAT DICTATOR , and as mentioned above the merging history. I have seen THE GREAT DICTATOR, and know what it is the forerunner of. The image of the speaker is worth a thousand words.

To myself, it is not the historical implication unforeseen, nor actuality coming behind this speech which beared my interest, but the words themselves. Had these word been from the lips of a Churchill, a Gandhi, King, or the Dalai Lama, who knows how they would have been accepted?

I clearly understand your words,. And for those who do not know the history which initiated the motion sat for that which came behind it, your warning is valid.

Myself, I was into the context of the speech, not the movie nor history concerning it. : :!:

Peace :)
Nermin
Associate

Post by Nermin » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:45 pm

JamesN. wrote:Again I say with the warmest and most sincere concern I can offer[/b]; ( please do not misunderstand ). This thread is a noble effort at what I personally consider one of the highest if not the highest of human emotions. ( Joseph Campbell thought compassion was also. ) ( But this footage is taken completely out of contex from the movie it was presented in :!: )
Best Wishes :)
James,
There can be no misunderstanding. You're one of those associates making here
truly conversations of higher order with the care you show for our humble posts. Please
never hesitate to criticize me whenever you think it's necessary :P
True friendship is based on trust, honesty and sincere generosity of our hearts
cadfael
Associate

Post by cadfael » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:50 pm

Compassion is what the weak cry out for. The Earth is not always benevolent. The Universe is not greatly compatible with life. If humans had originally been filled with compassion then humanity would have vanished a long time ago. I seem like Nietzsche.

I do like Charlie Chaplin. I am tender hearted." Soap bubbles and butterflies make Zarathustra to weep." You have to know when to be hard.

Cadfael

P.S. Triumph ought to be the greatest emotion next to love. Remember Nietzsche wrote in the AntiChrist, " Happiness is an obstacle overcome." Suffering and compassion diminishes the human. However, "Love is that which takes place beyond good and evil." I love that German. We suffer for love. A bitter sweet irony.
jufa
Associate

Post by jufa » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:16 pm

cadfael wrote:Compassion is what the weak cry out for. The Earth is not always benevolent. The Universe is not greatly compatible with life. If humans had originally been filled with compassion then humanity would have vanished a long time ago. I seem like Nietzsche.

I do like Charlie Chaplin. I am tender hearted." Soap bubbles and butterflies make Zarathustra to weep." You have to know when to be hard.

Cadfael

P.S. Triumph ought to be the greatest emotion next to love. Remember Nietzsche wrote in the AntiChrist, " Happiness is an obstacle overcome." Suffering and compassion diminishes the human. However, "Love is that which takes place beyond good and evil." I love that German. We suffer for love. A bitter sweet irony.
In order for one to know what the weak cry out for, one has to be weak.

Should it be true the weak ones cry out for compassion because Gaia is not equal in what She distributes from herself at all points, then the strength which has infinitely held Her in place, beyond ones mind of imagination, would also have flaws as Her son Typhon. How can word thoughts be accurate when, by what one write tells what they think. Thinking word thoughts upon parchment is only exact in the thinker. To others it is relative to their own opinions. And how can one can dissuade anyone to stop acknowledging anything they accept as truth, when ones philosophical intent of originality died with Nietzsche? This is too applicable to myself. However, the thought is never about an opinion concerning whether humans always had compassion or not, it is to seek to know how did that which is not natural to man, gain the upper hand of man's will of choice to do or not to do, over the individual which is compassion's life source of all attested to?

How did such a thing as compassion become so strong, in an individual, its will cause individuals to place themselves in harms way for sake of conscience, when it is without compatibility to conscience, not being an attribute of a living soul? Or how could compassion be so strong it has the power to fights for domination of a human beings will to do or not to do? What it is which cause one to fight for supremacy of the truth of who they are of themselves by the spirits of the attributes men displays in spite of themselves? .

Living is never concerning the attributes an individual displays, but ones questioning themselves, as to how to become beast killers, of their ego and id which continuously fights for domination of their will? One must delve deep into themselves where the "they say syndrome" is master and slay that dragon. But men are comfortably living in other individual's philosophy and life achievement. Hoping to find the honesty of the one life they are which, project many personalities in life, but die one.

One must to go through the mind to get beyond the mind. For it is the mind which establish and forms man's problems, and it is the mind which attempts to solve the very problems it has produced. It is always mind battling mind which cause not only compassion to bite ones emotions, but is too the tension at the heart of man's universe. So one must go beyond the mind and become Zeus the serpent-killer. One must secures the reign of the patriarchal gods of Mount Olympus by defeating Typhon, the enormous serpent-monster who is the child of the earth goddess Gaia and the incarnation of the forces of nature.

The forces of man's nature is the thought of good in the mind of evil, and the thought of evil in the mind of good. They are twins, as Cain and Abel. Each simultaneous seeking dominance of their will "To be or not to be" who they truly are. So the question is never about "love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and self-control," but what and individual is obedient to?
cadfael
Associate

Post by cadfael » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:36 pm

We all have weakness but we must try to overcome weakness. Read about that in the book Ecce Homo by Nietzsche.
jufa
Associate

Post by jufa » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:49 am

When an individual sat out to change the world, it is really their world sought to be changed. Most individuals never, however, consider the problems of the world were not of their doing. Considering not this truth, what then are the changes sought, by an individual, which will sat in motion a method for elimination of influential elements which disrupted the harmony of and in lives? What attached influences are these elements upon the human psyche, conscious and mind which must be consider? And are these influential elements attached upon the walls of the soul one became and is? Elements so power they void an individual's knowledge, will, and bars them from realizing all creation is origin in Spirit. Elements so power they cause one to believe, by covering up their true Spirit with leaves of dead memories of their origin before the foundation of the world, they can hide from the All Comprehensive Eye. Can an individuals beliving they are hiding themselves with the mask of leaves, ever demonstrate and issue forth their true origin and source of being, when Mother Gaia [earth] will allow the human soul, conscious and mind to take note of only those influential elements of attachments? = jufa
cadfael
Associate

Post by cadfael » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:44 pm

We create ourselves and we create the world. Yes in essence we first seek to change our selves. What we do effects the world. Would you want everyone to do as you do?

The ego is what is needed to change. However, a healthy ego exists to maintain the individual, as well as to engage in compassion. Remember we create the world.

Life in general slowly diminishes us. Too much compassion will wreck the spirit. Remember that Joe Campbell said that compassion means,"To suffer with." I have experienced much compassion in my life. Compassion has the power to take the wind out of your sails. However, I do not totally regret any of the compassion that I have experienced.

You speak of the Earth as being a goddess. The red planet is called Mars, but the red planet is not a god. The ancient Greeks thought the sun to be Helios and Apollo. Anexageras had to flee Athens we he speculated that the sun was a hot rock. Today we know that the sun is a star. The Greeks called stars Astron. The stars are composed of elements like all other things including the Earth. The idea of Gaia is silly to me. What we have is a personification of the Earth.

Are we the eyes and ears of the universe? To think so is to have an inflated ego. I think that maybe Campbell had an inflated ego. I like him very much, but I must be honest. If human kind is the measure of things then we are sad. My adventures in amatuer Astronomy teaches me this reality. Campbell's knowledge concerning the Big Bang theory is outdated. He also had too much faith in that theory. An Astronomer named Bob Berman who writes for Astronomy magazine said that we do not know the truth about the origin of the universe. He said that the origin is an, "enigma." There may have never been an origin. Another Astronomer named Bill Andrews said that it is our best ,"Scientific guess." Reconsider Campbell's thoughts on compassion. He was an intellectual. The intellectual produces nothing tangible. They need the tribe to support them. They will have a high opinion concerning compassion.

Cadfael

P.S. Yes knowledge in the mind is tangible because the brain is matter. However, knowledge unto itself does not slay the lettuce leaf or cow for our dinner. Yes you Vegans kill when you eat everything but meat. LOL!

:
jufa
Associate

Post by jufa » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:42 am

We do not create ourselves. We form the conclave of our prejudices which become our button of committed living.

From what element[s] and authority [other than I think] do you claim gives you the power to be the architect to designs and create you? And from what consciousness and conscious thought [which you came forth out of, live, and move and have your being in now], and which was not already in existence, do you claim gives you the power and authority to create your world and universe of thoughts apart from that which already is?
"THOU SHALT WORSHIP NO OTHER gods."
THOU SHALT WORSHIP NO WORDS OF RELATIVISM

Because of man's human senses, the physical universe, the world, the earth, and mankind are delusional appearances. The same applies to man's imagination, images and words literally read and processed according to human intellect and personal interpretations of thoughts received and projected, by other men. Delusional because even man memory cannot recall their existence before sense awareness.

Conscious awareness is distinct in every being. It is what makes individuals personally visualize, perceive, hear, touch, taste, smell, think, and conceive words, pictures, images, and thoughts different. This distinct difference of conscious awareness represents each persons direction of travel to be taken to reach the cross-road of regression, or progression. Or the product of the seed of thought life they become by either having planted their seed thoughts upon stony ground, or fertile soil.

It is the seed of life [The Breath] which contains the designs, principles, patterns and essence of all creation. It is the vibrating vortex of the Conscious Voice which speaks and place The invisible Word of the grace of the law of The Breath of Spirit which is the architect of Being, and makes man individually perceive consciously.

Perception is the unique distinction, in all men, which only [as in your case] allows them to benefit only from the harvest of their human thoughts. Men are whore-mongers of words, pictures, images and human thoughts of literacy. The do not serve the living God. They serve interpreted words pressed upon their minds by other men who have undergone the same literal process of indoctrination.

Indoctrination which exclude the metaphor of living. And because of this point, you see the intellect of Campbell, but not the Spirit which drove him to rid the superstition of the intellect [Earth Mother Gaia's world] which does not allow men to leave the spot they stand upon, and make it more enriched than when they found it.
The myth in the metaphor

A metaphor is not just a decorative or clever figure of speech.
Metaphors map relations between things, often linking what is known, to
what is unknown. In 1616, for example, William Harvey imagined the human
heart as a pump, and discovered the circulatory system. His use of the
metaphor "pump" to describe the heart, was a change in perspective that
led to many useful discoveries.

The metaphors that we use suggest the myth that we are in. A metaphor
is a perspective, part of a paradigm, a myth. The metaphor that is used
(or appears) suggests what is and is not, worth notice. Harvey's
pumping heart suggests, for example, the larger idea that the body is a
machine. Which is true in some ways, and not in others. The body may be a
machine, or a vehicle, but it may also be a temple or a garden. Or
dust. All of these metaphors contain an element of truth, and yet none
is the whole truth. If each of these metaphors, or images, is lined up
side by side-- and this list is hardly exhaustive--contradictions
between them would appear. A machine (soulless) and a temple (spirit
filled)? But these contradictions would not lead to the rejection of any
of the options, or the wholesale embrace of any single idea. Rather,
the contradictions would reveal a complexity that is more interesting,
more useful, more meaningful, and more true.

This is what myth provides. Attention to metaphors is one way to trace it.
jufa
Associate

Post by jufa » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:34 am

I viewed a funeral. It was not of a poet of metaphors, or philosopher, nor ex-president. It was a man as I. A dreamer who dreampted dreams of Being, not becoming.

There were no speculations of what happened before he became consciously aware. No theorizing about God's intention concerning creation, or theories of why creation, and his being came into the consciousness of the one's who first attended his emergence into the dimension of man; then his upbringing and educators; his climb into the nation's consciousness, then the worlds.

All his achievements came upon the hopes of his dreams; of knowing he has the power within him to achieve far more for himself, and his community, state, nation, and the world, which are the people of dreams themselves, not speculators, or followers of the dead. - jufa
cadfael
Associate

Post by cadfael » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:05 pm

Jufa, yes, we do create ourselves in the subjective sense. The human condition we do not create. We do not make ourselves gay, straight, or bisexual. We cannot make ourselves billionaires. I cannot make myself 15 as opposed to 37. Our choices are limited. I do not believe in free will. However, we make our attitude towards ourself and the rest of life. The same applies to the Earth. We have to be self responsible for our lives and not totally blame all of the circumstances.

The basis of the human is nothing. We create ourselves over time. Our reasoning and experience does this. We do create our world. Jesus said," Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." We create ourselves within circumstances. I cannot change the fact that I am 37 and that I have suffered from depression most of my llife. Depression is a physical illness. Though I did choose to take medication and I feel a whole lot better. I created a better me. Sadly, I can't be 13 no more and staring at the blonde chick next door taking her clothes off while standing in her bed room window. I can't bring back the days when The Rolling Stones were new to me. The same can be said for The Kinks. Sai la vie. I cannot bring back lost love. Though I can recreate myself. Now those things have greater substance today. I admire the subjective in women and I hear the lyrics more in the Stones.

Cadfael