Mythic Imagination Institute
The purpose of Mythic Imagination Institute is to reunite people, primarily through art and immersion, to the accumulated wisdom of humankind that lives in stories and mythology and thereby to:
• Encourage creative response and imagination
• Help to make sense of our individual lives by seeing the stories within them
• Inspire and produce new works of art
• Engender understanding and respect for others
• Serve as a free zone for inter-disciplinary conversation and activity
• Foster a diverse community whose common knowledge of the world’s stories creates an unusual ability to transcend boundaries and take pleasure in difference
• Nurture and grow the imagination through the understanding and the making of metaphor
• Cultivate experiences and activities of mythology, archetype, and narrative
• Make friends.
Mythic Imagination Institute’s events are full of life, unique learning and people who do fascinating, provocative, meaningful work. Participants include everyone from Nobel Peace Prize Laureates to a Mayan shaman; US senators to organic farmers; musicians, teachers, designers, doctors, NGO workers.