Audio: Series II, Volume 1: A Brief History of World Mythology (bundle)
In Series II.1 Joseph Campbell provides a “brief history of World Mythology” by introducing us to the functions of Mythology and how the functions differ from East to West. Lectures include an interpretation of the sound of AUM, how Buddhism works in China, Jung, Thomas Mann, James Joyce, Grail Mythology, the relationship of schizophrenia and shamanism to the Hero Journey, and other topics. This tour de force is Joseph at his best.
Unique among the volumes in the Joseph Campbell Audio Collection, this collection includes eleven separate recordings from a single week-long workshop — all recorded at the renowned Esalen Institute in Big Sur, California. “A Brief History of World Mythology” provides over twelve hours of Campbell covering his subject as no one else could.
- Audio: Lecture II.1.1 – The Function of Mythology
- Audio: Lecture II.1.2 – Mythology East and West
- Audio: Lecture II.1.3 – The Sound AUM and Kundalini Yoga
- Audio: Lecture II.1.4 – Buddhism in China
- Audio: Lecture II.1.5 – Shift to Western Psychology
- Audio: Lecture II.1.6 – Jung: Myth and Shadow
- Audio: Lecture II.1.7 – Thomas Mann and James Joyce
- Audio: Lecture II.1.8 – Grail Mythology
- Audio: Lecture II.1.9 – Birth of the Perennial Mythology
- Audio: Lecture II.1.10 – Birth of the Modern
- Audio: Lecture II.1.11 – Mythological Conclusions